Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Im Bored

So this extended time off before I start work has allowed me to learn some things about myself.
  1. I could never be a housewife. I have thought this before but this time its really bad. The house looks 10 times worse after Ive been here all day I start looking for stuff that I lost months ago and or try to take on a project and end up tearing crap up.
  2. I cant entertain myself. You would think that I could because I was an only child for most of my childhood but no its not true. I try to be productive but it always ends up with me looking at ebay or needlessly trimming my hair or tormenting the dog.
  3. I need hobbies. PA school sucked away not only my life and will to live it sucked away my ability to enjoy activities outside of endless reading and note taking.

"Boredom is ... a vital problem for the moralist, since at least half the sins of mankind are caused by the fear of it." BERTRAND RUSSELL, The Conquest of Happiness

No comments: