Sunday, August 24, 2008

It'll All Come Out In The Wash

The Hubby lead a very privileged life before we were married. His mommy did his laundry and most other chores so while this was great for him it was not so great for me. He had a very steep learning curve for laundry and most other chores. We ended up with some very interesting colored towels and I ended up throwing away some pots and pans after an ill advised cooking experiment. After deciding that it was easier for me to just do laundry myself than look like Stacy and Clinton were going to bust out from behind something to take me away for wearing shrunken, speckled, faded or mildewed clothes I had to get used to the very interesting way the hubby undressed. I myself take off my clothing one piece at a time and I was unaware that it could be done any other way. He however in an effort apparently to save time or space or just as a challenge to himself he takes off his pants underwear and socks as one piece. I know they are not connected when he is wearing them but somehow in the process of undressing he manages jump out of his socks pants and underwear simultaneously so they stay together. I have been completely mystified by this since I took over his care and feeding several years ago and I still have not managed to figure this one out. If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know. PS it also makes it interesting if I don't reach in to disassemble this before washing because he will go to work sometimes with an extra pair of undies or socks still attached to his pants.

No comments: