Friday, August 29, 2008

Not So Safe

We went to a local fair and I had talked the hubby into riding the shady carnival rides by some miracle. I think I come from descendants of carnies or something I loves me some carnivals and the hubby hates them with the white hot intensity of a 1000 suns but he begrudgingly went because some of our friends were going. So there we were and my excitement was at an all time high it was great standing there waiting in line to get on the Ferris wheel and then a very large piece of it fell off. It was just a light or something it wasn't like the basket people were sitting in or anything but when your getting ready to get on a piece of rickety equipment operated by a man with missing fingers, misspelled tattoos and "somer teeth" (somer here somer not) you really want all the pieces to stay attached. So I'm pretty sure the hubby will never agree to ride another carnival ride again.

"All of us are born with an instinctive set of fears, fear of the dark fear of falling, fear of lobsters, fear of falling of falling on lobsters in the dark, or speaking before the Rotary Club, and the words some Assembly Required"

No comments: