Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Under Pressure

Yeah so this summer was supposed to be my relaxation time but I should've known better than to plan 2 months of uninterrupted blissful unproductivity. ( I don't think thats a word ??) Anyways this summer has been an all-out marathon of stressful emotionally, physically, mentally draining activity. I started my "vacation" by having to take care of my mother who fell and broke her leg. She is stubborn and listens to no one and when we are together to long we tend to bicker especially when she is completely bedfast and I'm trying to tell her what to do or what not to do. Then my father in law who had end-stage alzheimer's disease but no history of heart problems had heart attack and went into heart failure 8 hours away from home. So we threw all of our crap into a suitcase and drove there. We then drove home 2 days later and spent two weeks trying to take care of my father in law and my mother in law and watching my father in law die. I then some how managed to take and pass my boards a week later. Then managed to pack everything to go on vacation a day after my boards. We are living back in our own house and still trying to find a new normal. Its been a crazy blurry summer. I hope fall is kinder and gentler. Now I have to actually go to work. I hope I can handle this!! eek!!



"Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness. ~Richard Carlson"

No comments: