Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Work It Work It Own It


I had a lunch meeting with a future employer which I was already not looking forward to. The hubby made this worse! I was asked to go to a very ritzy country club around here with this doctor to discuss the specifics of this job. I at first thought this was awesome then when the mental picture of me with this very old Indian man in the middle of the afternoon in the country club set in I was freaked. I had one very specific thought which my husband then vocalized. I told him I didn't want to go and he told me I needed to go it would be good for me. I had never been in the world of high class call girls before. Yeah that was the thought. I really didn't want to go I hate eating in front of people I hate small talk I hate discussing money I hate awkwardness and this was encompassing all of these things. But I went it wasn't that bad and I might have a kick ass new job!! (as a PA not Julia Roberts hookery character from pretty woman)


"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels"-Faith Whittlesey

No comments: