Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way....

Admit it you clapped in your head when you read the title didnt you? Anyways now that weve firmly established my geekiness for today, I would like to begin the ranting. One of my best friends texted me this morning and right as I got to work and when I saw it was her I rolled my eyes and thought now what. I felt a little guilty that I thought this but considering her track record its only natural. Im sure you have a friend like this. We have a great time together we can spend hours on the phone, I can talk to her about anything, and even if we havent talked for weeks we can pick up right where we left off and its fine but she will blow me off for a guy or even the hope of a guy everytime. I hate this. It makes my blood boil. She sent me a text a couple weeks ago saying she had strept throat and couldnt make our dinner date so I was bummed but let it slide the next night she sent me another and said she still wasnt feeling well. A week later she called and said she thought she had bronchitis and felt much worse and wanted to wait. A week after that she texted me and said her mom had to have surgery and she couldnt make it. Last week the guy vanished then boom I get the text this morning asking if I want to go out tonight or tomorrow. I already had plans and when I told her this she acted all hurt and like I must be some heartless bitch because I didnt coming running when she snapped. Weve been friends for years and I hate to drift completely apart but at what point are your friends just your friends because you were friends at one time and how much are you supposed to let your friends get away with and still be your friends?

No comments: